Isle of Palms, SC, Realtor Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Carroll is one of the top selling realtors here on the Isle of Palms. Across Charleston, he is constantly in the top 1% of the top producing realtors in sales of all 5000+/- Charleston, S.C. Realtors. This is not something that just happened; it is the result of a lot of hard work. Additionally, a great deal of his success can be attributed to dealing with his clients and his competition both fairly and honestly. He has lived on the island his whole life and plans on staying here.This is not a career he tried after trying others; this is the career he chose after his college graduation in 1978. No one knows this market as well as he does. He specializes in only the beach market, specifically the Isle of Palms. A lot of realtors make the claim that they deal exclusively with properties on the beach, but their numbers can't compare to his.
That's a big claim, so here are a few facts about Jimmy to back it up:
- Lifelong island resident and went to school locally, from Sullivan's Island Elementary School through the College of Charleston, earning a B.A. in Political Science in 1978
- Realtor since 1978, and a broker since 1979. He started Carroll Realty Inc. in 1981 and bought and renovated the present office location in 1987.
- Graduate of the Realtor's Institute (GRI)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Recognized by the Association of Realtors for exceptional sales Achievement in 1984 and recognized ever since as a consistent top producer
- Consistently in Charleston's Top 1%
In addition, he has served his industry in many capacities during his career:
- The MLS Board of Directors all the way through to President in 1999
- The Charleston Trident Association's Board of Directors, Past President of Charleston's 5000 members in 2004.
- Served on and chaired many committees, including Forms, MLS selection, Grievance, etc.
- Local Realtor's Professional Standards committee
- Past President of the East Cooper Top Producer's Club
- Past President of Charleston Association of Realtors
- Past Director of South Carolina Association of Realtors
- East Cooper Habitat for Humanity's Board of Directors
- Since the year 2000, Carroll Realty Inc. has donated enough funds through the East Cooper Chapter of Habitat for Humanity to build at least three complete Habitat homes!
He has been a volunteer for and a supporter of the island's local youth sports programs every year, every sports season since their beginning in 1981.
He has been a supporter of the island community's effort to preserve private property rights, helping through awareness and legislation reform initiatives. Jimmy is also an elected Isle of Palms city council member, now serving in his second 4-year term.
Last, but not least, in fact, most importantly, Jimmy is the father of three wonderful sons: Jimmy, Winslow and Capers, born in 1990, 1992, and 1994 respectively. These boys are his pride and joy.
Please feel free to call Jimmy anytime with real estate questions or suggestions of services you may need. His best contact number is his cell phone 843-452-1200. He feels he should be available to his clients and customers at all times. If he is in a meeting, let the answering service take a message, and he will get back to you as soon as he is free.